First of all, what is a Christian Democrat? The term itself brings images of a racing tortoise to my mind. It ain’t gonna happen.
Peter Heck wrote, “With the recent proclamation of a Green Bay bishop that Christians who vote for someone supporting the gay or abortion agenda is putting their soul in jeopardy, there’s been an increase in the amount of email in my inbox asking my take on whether it is a sin for Christians to be Democrats. I think a lot of people assume this is a difficult subject for me to address. I hate to disappoint them, but it’s not.”
“I recently read an article from a self-proclaimed “Christian Democrat” explaining why they would be voting for Obama, and to a larger degree, supporting the Democrat Party. I am intentionally not linking to the original article for a reason. The article was full of the very kind of “fine-sounding arguments” that Paul warns us in Colossians to be on guard against. Given the sorry state of Biblical Christianity in America, I know that several of these arguments could easily ensnare and trap a lot of confused Christians and I won’t willfully provide a potential stumbling block to any believer.”
“It should be an axiom for Christ followers that while our faith should inform our politics, our politics should never inform our faith. But this particular author, as is often the case with Christian Democrats, has made an a priori commitment to supporting the Democrats and then seeks to find faith-based reasons to justify it. But here’s the uncomfortable truth such individuals must confront: while it’s certainly true that not every Republican is worthy of our support as Christians, any individual who runs under a platform that justifies the legal slaughter of innocent life made in the image of God is an unacceptable choice. Period.”
I don’t know who Peter Heck is, but I can assure you “supporting the gay and abortion agenda is putting their soul in jeopardy”at serious risk of eternal damnation without a doubt.
I hear every election year about how the Republicans are against the poor, and as Vice President Joe Biden said, the Republicans want to put us all in chains.” Reality check Joe – the Republican party was formed in part to end slavery. No, I am not middle-class, if I had to choose a class for my title it would be lower-class. I have multiple medical conditions including Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Heart Failure, and High Blood Pressure. I receive no benefits and live in my mothers basement. Mt wife makes $55.00 too much to qualify. Maybe we should divorce, it’s a piece of paper and God knows our hearts.
I neither need nor want my tax monies paying for “safe” abortion. Safe for who? Certainly not the child.
- Moving America Forward: 2012 Democratic National Platform
- The Constitution and Declaration of Independence for Dummies
Anyone can read the 2012 Democratic National Platform at the above link. Don’t forget that this party booed God three times, then they did the same to Jerusalem, the eternale capital of Israel.
- He has confirmed his words, which he spoke against us and against our rulers who ruled us, by bringing upon us a great calamity. For under the whole heaven there has not been done anything like what has been done against Jerusalem.
(Daniel 9:12 ESV)
Abortion, stem-cell research, Lesbianism, Gays, Homosexuals, Transgender and Transvestite people are who “Christian” Democrats are directly supporting crimes. Euthanasia, gender-specific abortion, illicit drugs, etc.. Any organization that supports these issues is guilty of their commission, likewise, anyd “Christian” who supports these issues is guilty of these crimes and transgressions and will answer to Almighty God for their actions.
- “You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.
(Leviticus 18:22 ESV)
- “For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.”
- (Romans 1:26-27 ESV)
- “A woman shall not wear a man’s garment, nor shall a man put on a woman’s cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God.”
(Deuteronomy 22:5 ESV)
- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”
(John 3:16 ESV)
- “But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.”
- (Romans 10:8-10 ESV)
Fortunately, our Creator God will release us from sin, if we repent, turn to God, and accept His plan of Salvation.
Paul the Apostle really ‘put the icing in the cake with this passage. He wrote, Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
(2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 ESV)